Thursday, May 03, 2007

Fudging

Why Ms. Chong always absent without telling us? Nevermind, at least I can online until 10. Whee!

By the way, it looks like I can't online in my home now. The wireless network had been secured.

Lately, I found out that I'm really poor at writing summary. Maybe I'm just too used to writing GP essays.

Last Saturday, I'm sitting for the Malaysian University English Test(Reading Comprehension, Writing and Listening modules). I almost screwed up my writing module.

Well, we're allocated 1 hour and 30 mins, apparently 40 mins for summary and 50 mins for essay. You know how long I spent for the 100 word summary? About 1 hour and 10mins. Haha. And I scribbled my 250 word essay in 20 mins...badly.

GP is the subject I fare better. Not because I write good essays. I guess it's rather because I'm good at fudging. You know, talking crap so that the essays looks longer and better.

So, I think I fudged unconsciously in the summary. But then, you can't really deviate from the passage. It's just that I wrote unnecessary points which most probably not included in the marking scheme. End product results: I exceeded the word-limit and have to cut down about 100 words.

Anyway, speaking module is on the 9th. (Ah, I should stop fudging here.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gp... is that general paper
I remember my time doing it
Fun and not so fun so to speak
Anyway good luck in your following test
I'm sure you will be prepared for it
:)

wei liang said...

Yeah..it's General Paper. I think maybe it's fun because it's the period you can talk with your friends. But still, it's a boring subject.

day-dreamer said...

During exams I normally write essays first because the weight is heavier...

Don't bother on the past paper, focus on the next one and all the best to you!

wei liang said...

Oh I usually follow the sequence i.e. Part A first.
No la...I'm okay. I'm not bothered by the past.=P Thanks anyway.