Friday, December 09, 2005

Music


At last, I'm writing a post on my own. Actually, I thoght of writing this post months ago...even before the exams. So, I'm actually quite surprised when it came out as one of the compositions in English.

Ok, please allow me digress a bit before I start...lately, I've been reading Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. Indeed, I'm quite addicted after months of no novel-reading. Well, it seems that this episode is not as challenging as the third one-Prisoner of Azkaban. But, since that I'm still at about page 280, I shall see what's coming up...soon.

Talking about exam...though I'm slightly worn out for some of the subjects, but overall it's still okay. I don't quite like memorizing...so, I'm not sure if I made the right choice of no memorization(forget about Pendidikan Moral). It doesn't help either when I can't remember things well if I just read through and my reading speed is quite slow. Imagine, taking over 1.5 weeks to read only Sejarah and forget about the details in beginning chapters after that. It's really frustrating albeit I'm able to cook up some stories for the essay part.

Then, comes the ASEAN selection test. Thank dad for putting aside his two-days rest to go with me to Penang and En. Amin, the hotel bellboy for fetching us to the selection test centre. Well, lacking in time is one of the banes during the test. For the Math paper, actually I forgot one of the trigonometry formulae which proves to be quite costly-7 marks. Anyway, fingers crossed. >_^

Ok..back to the topic. I actually seldom listened to radio during my younger days..so, whenever my mum turned on the radio, I can get really frustated because I treated it nothing more than a nuisance, which is paradoxical to the situation now. Things actually changed when I grew up. I remember the first song (except nursery rhymes) I actually adore very much is "Let It Be" by The Beatles.

Personally, I prefer instrumental music (particularly piano, violin, saxophone and flute), sentimental music and ballads...and maybe some rhythm and blues (R&B) or unplugged.Well, it doesn't matter much whether it's modern music or olden classics, though the latter is more frequent.My listening skill isn't very good. I often found unable to catch the lyrics of a song. So, usually, I'll search for a song lyrics that I like in Light & Easy. Then, about singers and musicians...they would be Josh Groban, Celine Dion, Vanessa Mae, Richard Clayderman, Kenny G....err....Westlife, Maksim......

I longed for the chance to learning musical instruments. That's why it makes me feel ridiculous as my little sister, Wei Li wails whenever mum calls her to play piano. By the way, the piano in my house is as good as a white elephant, though Wei Li still has to play it once in a while...unwillingly = / She just stopped her piano lessons last year..I think.

And now...I think I'll have a listen to the complimentary "Getting Smart with Mozart" CD from Reader's Digest. = )

No comments: