Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Blah, blah, blah...

Sorry about the title, I don't have any idea what to put. Well, this is none other than a post just to keep my blog active after a long?? period of hibernation. Ok ok, I have to admit I'm not a frequent blogger. But, never mind...

Anyway, I managed to "break away" from the curfew on Sunday. (READ: I'm bored at home). I went to school's Open Day and yeah, it was nice to see those friends back. The air is indeed refreshing outside after being confined in home for about...err..let me count...1 week--I went for my first car driving lesson on 2 Wednesdays ago(will write about it soon)? Done some stuffs I had been procastinating--got my Chicken Soups back from Shee Ven, returned Ren Haw's shirt and got back my school leaving certificate.

Later, we--me, Wei Yee, Ren Haw, Chong Yee, Lean Han, Soon En went to Simpang Kuala for lunch. Talked, talked, talked...(not to mention, half an hour just to decide whether want to go Chong Yee's house). Heh, that was not the worse, I remember last time, we, or rather they, spend almost an hour to decide where to have lunch!! By the way, congratulations to Ren Haw for getting his P-license =) .. but sad to say, Lean Han failed his. =(

Then, I went to Dr Ch'ng's clinic with Wei Yee (that's actually the main reason I was coming out). Heck...why why why, there was traffic jam even at 3p.m.? Maybe I should console myself and think it other way--is this another way of signifying Alor Star is INDEED a BANDARAYA? Well, Dr Ch'ng is finding someone to help him to do a St. John powerpoint presentation on first aid. I knew this through Wei Yee. Initially, I doubted whether I can do it since that I not very familiar with powerpoint and first aid knowledge seems long ago. Okay, I just need time to refresh my knowledge.

Hmm..Dr Ch'ng's clinic seems to be quite "historic" (well, he said he is one of the first 40 doctors in AS). We have a chat--Wei Yee and I actually having difficulty to bring him back to the topic, hehe. But, I learnt some things during the parenthesis--what to expect if I'm choosing medicine as my future career. Dr Ch'ng said that nowadays' doctor aren't much the same as olden days--you can't just depend on a pair of stethoscope and the basic necessities if you're opening a clinic on your own. He even said his "lao zu mu"--grandma (huh? ma very old liao?) mentioned that
clinics these days are like "chai tiam ma" (is it sundry shop? my hokkien isn't good), here got Dr Cheah, there got Dr Kumar, then Dr Ooi opposite the road... In short, he just want to make it a point--clinics are omipresent and doctors earn less than before.

But, I want to study medic because, firstly, it's something that I really interested in (and I think I can persevere doing it) and secondly, I derive great pleasure from helping others. I know this notion may sound hackneyed, but I'm not totally putting aside the importance of it as means of earning a living for me and my family. It's just not the main factor on why I'm planning to study medicine.

About the powerpoint presentation, I'm now doing the "Wounds and Bleeding" topic. Well, quite a short topic and I'm now waiting for an 8th edition first aid manual to scan those photos inside. I'm worried if those photos would look obscure if enlarged. Dr Ch'ng said that I can get the manual from Mr Ong, since that his taman just next to mine.

Oh..I'm going to balik kampung this 28th. Is it gonna be fun? Don't think so...I prefer to back during Qing Ming. = /

1 comment:

wei liang said...

hey jenwin (jeng wing?), thanks for dropping by my blog. Don't know arr..now still in the midst of the 8-hours driving lesson.