I guess it's really the time to write before I start forgetting things. In fact, I'm really not in the mood for blogging...as usual.
Anyway, the balik kampung trip proved to be a more meaningful one for me, at least much better than last year. I liked the feel of my dad's car whizzing along the highway without having to suffer traffic jams. Not even in this festive season coz we're heading Raub. Yet, there were some traffic jams on the other side of the highway--north bound cars. We managed to reach there at about 4p.m..
In Raub (or precisely Bukit Koman-where my bo fu's house is situated), the roads are very narrow--only one car is allowed at one time. The housings there are not quite strategically planned. Okay, maybe it's just because I'm not familiar with this place and my poor sense of direction. =P Apparently, most the teenagers (err, or should I say kids??) know how to ride a motorcycle.
We actually went to da gu's house nearby. I guess she must be rather brave and strong to live alone in her house--though jiu jiu brought her to his house once in a while. I really think so because living alone in spite of the old age isn't an easy task in my opinion.
On CNY eve, the paternal side of my family will have dinner together, play fireworks etc. Perhaps, it's only a night of gathering but at least, we've a chance to meet each other after the parting of the ways--my cousin(da gu's son), his wife, his daughters and others..
The following days, my family went for kai kai around the pekan. Gosh, it's really hard to get a newspaper here, even at 7-11. At last, we've to resort to Malay newspaper. I might also add that I hardly seen any Malays or Indians, except in mamak restaurants. But then, there're some Vietnamese(guess so from their looks and outfits). Most people here speak Hakka. Again, I'm not good at it though I'm of a Hakka descent. (Alright, I'm not a prodigy at any of the dialects, heh)
My bo fu is really a good singer, I've to say. Albeit I don't really like Chinese classics, he can sing it loudly with his powerful voice and singing prowess. My cousins (bo fu's son) really woke up late and not at home most of the time. Even if they did so, they gambled with their friends.(Shaking head). No, I don't gamble. How can I gamble when I don't even know how to play the cards? And some times, it's quite hot in the house till I took days to complete NST Sudoku.
Anyway, I must say I enjoy the breakfasts and cookies, especially the chocolate cookies made by bo mu. Ehem, I suspected I ate the most of them( sheepish smile )! I just couldn't help it mah!!
Well, we went back on 31st. Bought Digital Fortress at MPH TESCO SP and finished reading it last week. I don't actually know when will be the next visit to Pahang, but nevertheless, I'll be going with a lighter heart.
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment