Usually, I would go with the same group as Kam Seng, Pei Nee, Zi Kai, Wei Sern, Joyce etc.. for any discussion. Yet, for the presentation I chose to be in this group-Vincent, Clarence, Johns(Goh and Lee). The most distinct difference, yeah, one speaks mostly Chinese and the latter speaks English. Of course, this is not the first time I got to join them, but their viewpoints are somewhat different, and I guess I can get to know them better. And know what, I'm rather thankful I've done so this morning, one of the group members simply moaned a lot about his not-really-tedious job. Ah, just don't like this kind of attitude.
[Wei, don't get the idea that I like GP by the way. And what makes things worse, now we have one extra period of GP on Wednesday, starting this week]
Now, back to topic. Well, this is the first time we've to do a presentation. I mean, a presentation which will be evaluated by Miss Jesswyna and makes up half the percentage of progressive test 2. For this presentation, we have to talk about commercials since the topic for this month is media. We chose milk powder—Enfagrow, Dumex, Sustagen, err....and John Goh found that there's this milk powder by the name Friso(dutch lady). Wow, never heard of that before..but it kinda reminds me of Friskies(cat food). Eeee..
And it's quite fun to watch those ads repeatedly just to get the signifiers and those hidden messages.(Have to depend on John G to dload some of them since can't do so using school's internet. Can't even check my hotmail and yahoo mail there). I mean, some of them are quite amusing, you know..seeing kid ethusiastically raising arm, jump around, frolicking.(Green with envy) And all the ads are something in common message-drinking XXX gets you to achieve YYY. And I get to criticize on that, aren't this ads inadvertently sending the message of kiasuism into kids/parents? I mean, not that obvious lah, but still....
Anway, we jotted down that point.=)
You know what? I still think to this day, the best commercials would be the Petronas ones during festivals. They're really nice, sending useful social messages. Miss them=( (Btw, I almost finished the 1st season of Lost and I've bought the 2nd season. Exciting drama)But then, if according to Miss Jesswyna's definition, these are not commercials, they are more to public notices. Yeah, partially true to me..I mean, an ad usually talks about its products right?
Which reminds me, Merdeka just over..and this question popped up in my mind again: Am I patriotic?
Nah, I admit. At least, I guess so. Don't know why, I just got the feeling that my love for this country is getting lesser and lesser(sounds like a déjà vu to me=P). And I can't remember the last time I sang Negaraku.(I still think it's quite a nice song though)
You know what, on Merdeka's eve, I went to Starbucks and on the way back to the bus, I can't walk using the main road, it's totally packed and the road is blocked. Argh..stupid me, choose a time like this to come out. Made my way through Sungei Wang's car park. Because subconsciously, I did not realize that day was Merdeka's eve. Err..got what I mean?=P Or in other words, Merdeka nothing more than just a holiday to me. Think have to find a way how to love my country more. Haha.
Hmm..maybe will go to Starbucks again tomorrow to post this blog. I like going there(or rather the largest Borders in the world—starbucks is in the bookshop), although the drinks are really expensive to me(I can get many Genting WorldCard points from there, haha). Found something more expensive than McD's huh?=)
And I noticed that I can write more and better if I'm not online. No?
(09.07.06)
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Introduce u to watch another drama which i think very exciting drama call Prison Break,try it!!sure u will like it...
uh huh, if I watch another drama, I don't have to study liao.=P Haha
i highly recommend this,even dont have to study,haha...must watch...for me,its even greater than lost...
Post a Comment